As AXA’s global healthcare specialists, we offer cross-border health insurance to businesses and private individuals, supporting customers living in more than 185 countries. With experience in global healthcare, combined with the local knowledge and capabilities of AXA’s healthcare businesses across the world, AXA has been supporting globally mobile citizens for more than 55 years.
We use research and our insights, along with evaluating market trends to constantly evolve and develop health insurance solutions to support customers across the globe.
Our Islands Health Plan is designed with the needs of people living and working on the Islands in mind:
- Offering four levels of cover and five levels of excess, customers can choose a plan that suites their needs and budget.
- With access to the AXA Select medical network, customers can access over 8,000 recognised hospitals and clinics across the UK and Europe.
- We provide access to expert care and support 24/7 - with fast, easy access to our Virtual Doctor service* customers can get help with for any medical condition or general medical queries.
- Customers get extra reassurance with unrestricted access to Second Medical Opinion service when faced with uncertainty of a diagnosis or treatment plan. There’s also the option of accessing our Clinical Care Management service, guiding customers throughout their treatment pathway.
- And for extra peace of mind, we provide cover for emergency ambulance transportation between the Islands and the UK, for when treatment is not available locally.
* Our Virtual Doctor service is automatically included with any individual and SME plans with out-patient cover. For Large Corporate groups and those with Tailored Business Plans, the virtual doctor service can be included as an optional upgrade.
If you’d like to know more about what is and isn’t covered on any of our plans, speak to Rossborough Healthcare, or visit axaglobalhealthcare.com/rossborough.
Local health plans for global people
With more than 160 years of experience in health care, we've specialized in international health benefits insurance for more than 55 years ― with a growing global footprint to reach wherever you travel. Our transformational efforts have been recognized with such prestigious awards as "Best International Private Health Insurance Provider" and "Health Insurer of the Year".
Aetna International means putting your faith in us to provide high-quality, accessible health insurance plans and member services that meet your individual needs. We recognize the differing healthcare needs of the Channel Islands and we are committed to tailoring our product offering to meet these unique criteria.
We also pride ourselves in offering the human touch. The ability to talk to someone who cares and has the knowledge and the power to help. The security in knowing we can help you or your loved ones to ensure their well-being — 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
Innovative products and services
Aetna continually develops new products and services that will have a positive impact. We:
- Offer a broad range of insurance and employee benefits products.
- Offer a wide array of programs and services that help control rising employee benefits costs while striving to improve the quality of health care, such as case management; disease management and patient safety programs; and integrated medical, dental, pharmaceutical, behavioral health and disability information.
- Provide members with access to convenient tools and easy-to-understand information that can help them make better-informed decisions about their health and protect their finances against health-related risks.
Channel Island Plans
Working exclusively with Rossborough Healthcare, Aetna have recently launched a new Channel Island / Isle of Man product, providing Channel Island / IOM residents and companies with a flexible, tailor-made plan for the islands.
The name says it all, true, food; here to deliver factual, research based advice on all things nutrition. We customise food for any athlete, elite or amateur, to optimise performance in training and races. We can help all ages, abilities, and goals, sporting or general health.
Both Kit (BSc Hons, MSc, SENr, ISAK) and Paul (BA Hons, IOPN Dip SEN, ISAK) are specialised and qualified in Sport and Exercise Nutrition.
For more information contact us at email@example.com.
Optimal Health and Wellbeing provides individuals in Jersey with an opportunity to further understand and improve their Health and Wellbeing through a number of comprehensive Services. These include Health Assessments, Onsite Mini Health Check Days and Health Presentations/Seminars.
Thanks to the latest Point of Care Testing Technology, we are now able to provide you with your results during your Health Assessment or Onsite Mini Health Check. This industry-leading technology allows all advice to be tailored not only to your lifestyle but also to your physiological markers of Health and Wellbeing.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
WellBeing World was established to promote Jersey’s wellbeing service capability; provide greater awareness and resources to the individual for greater self-care; support the Island’s health and medical resources through prevention; and support the Island’s economy through the health and wellness of its employees.
Established in July 2011, WellBeing World today represents more than 90 wellbeing service providers, primarily Channel Island businesses, specialising in a range of health and wellbeing services, including:
- Executive coaching and life counselling
- Healthy work and home environments
- Ergonomics and chiropractic
- Sport and fitness training
- Nutrition and healthy eating
- Complementary therapies
- Health and beauty
- Wellness spas and speciality travel
The four main services provided by WellBeing World, include:
- WellBeing Provider Membership Services
- Publishing - primarily ‘WellBeing World’ magazine, and other insourced publications
- Conferences, Events and Training - including Stress Prevention and Management
- WellBeing At Work Wellness Days, Rewards, Incentives and Consultancy
As the population ages and demands increase on available resources, WellBeing World seeks to promote wellness through prevention, self-care and looking after one’s overall wellbeing.
Diabetes Jersey is a charity set up to help support the work of the Jersey Diabetes Centre, situated at the Overdale Hospital and to raise public awareness of the condition and support those living with diabetes.
The Diabetes Centre in Jersey is based at The Overdale Hospital site at Westmount, St Helier.
We provide specialist diabetes care for adults and children, supporting clients, families and carers by providing information, education and all resources required for diabetes care on the island.
Within the centre we hold a variety of specialist clinics: Nurse led, Consultant Dietician and specialist ulcer clinics, including specialist gestational, paediatric and adolescent.
The Diabetes Team also provide education and support for all healthcare professionals within Jersey including GP's and other healthcare areas.
We are also the base for diabetes supplies for all clients within Jersey.
Diabetes Jersey is committed to doing everything they can to raise awareness of diabetes, promoting early detection of the disease and fundraising to support the excellent work of the Jersey Diabetes Centre.
Please go to www.diabetesjersey.com for more information.
For over 50 years the BHF have pioneered research that’s transformed the lives of millions of people living with cardiovascular disease. Our work has been central to the discoveries of vital treatments that are changing the fight against heart disease.
But cardiovascular disease still kills around one in four people in the Channel Islands and across the UK, stealing them away from their families and loved ones.
From babies born with life threatening heart problems, to the many mums, dads and grandparents who survive a heart attack and endure the daily battles of heart failure.
We work closely with the Jersey cardiac team to ensure local BHF nurses receive the latest training, support and research findings through our dedicated BHF Alliance scheme.
Join our fight for every heartbeat in the Channel Islands. Every pound raised, minute of your time and donation will help make a difference to people’s lives.
To find out how you can support the fight, visit www.bhf.org.uk/Jersey.
At Heart for Life™, our aim is to offer a comprehensive heart screening service to help diagnose unidentified heart disease and cardiac conditions.
The Heart for Life™ programme will help detect if you have a heart conditions such as cardiomyopathy or heart rhythm abnormality. Using state of the art imaging techniques we will help you Know your Risk of having or developing coronary heart disease.
Heart for Life use tests and procedures recommended by the American Heart Association, the European Society of Cardiology, the International Olympic Committee and FIFA.
Visit www.heartforlife.co.uk for more information.
The Jersey Heart Support Group was formed by people living with heart conditions in Jersey, with the aim to provide mutual support to others.
The group has a common aim to carry on where hospital rehabilitation leaves off and continue to battle against cardiac conditions. Many people participating in rehabilitation experience the benefits of being involved in a group and it is this element the JHSG wished to extend and develop.
We fully appreciate and understand how daunting it can feel to be diagnosed with a heart condition. We are here to provide support and comfort, to answer any questions no matter how trivial they may seem, while providing information to help you move forward and to get the most out of life.
Please go to www.jerseyheartsupportgroup.org for more information.
The Jersey Asthma and Respiratory Society are celebrating their 30th Anniversary this year in October and are the only charity supporting respiratory conditions in Jersey.
The undertake fund raising etc and support the Respiratory Information mornings undertaken in the Clinical Investigation department every Saturday morning, providing lung checks, and free information and advice on all aspects of many respiratory diseases and management.
They financially support individuals with long term respiratory conditions, support training for health professionals in respiratory care (over 20 staff undertaking the asthma and COPD diplomas), support children with asthma for activity holidays, and support health professional with purchase of equipment etc for care and management of respiratory