Date – Friday 2nd February and Saturday 3rd February 2018
Venue – The Radisson Blu Hotel, The Waterfront, St Helier, Jersey
Parking – parking is available at The Radisson car park or at the nearby underground car park.
Times – individuals wishing to attend must pre-register for an appointment that should last approximately 30-40 minutes. Registrations will be taken in 15 minute blocks available from 08.00 – 12.45, and 13.45 – 17.30.
Pre-Registration – once you have pre-registered, you will receive an automated email, with a basic health questionnaire attached. Please complete this questionnaire and bring it with you to your appointment.
- Upon arrival, please confirm your attendance at the main registration point (just turn left through the main hotel entrance).
- There will be an initial height and weight check carried out, before you are called through to the first test station.
- Test Stations – there will be a number of test stations (including cardio, respiratory, ECG, spirometry, diabetes) that you will be directed to. Depending on the advice of the healthcare professionals, some individuals may or may not go to all test stations. NOTE – Test stations will be appropriately spaced out / separated to allow for a private consultation.
- Charities / Organisation Advice – Our various event partners / charities / sponsors will be on hand to offer advice.
- Personal Report – as you go through appointment, a record will be kept of key test results that you will be able to take away with you.
- If you are already under the care of Jersey’s heart team, we would respectfully request that you do not attend this event, to avoid duplication of your current treatment.
Privacy & Data Protection – we are extremely aware of the importance of maintaining people’s privacy at an event like this. We want to see as many people as possible but also don’t want to compromise people’s privacy. The tests / screenings will take place in one large open plan room, but as previously noted, stations will be appropriately spaced with private areas designated as required.
Any information you give in your forms / consultations will not be shared with anyone other than the medical professionals present at the event, although we will be keeping a copy of test results purely for analysis after the event (this will be anonymous).
Diagnosis / Referrals – if a medical professional feels that it is appropriate to refer any particularly concerning cases, then they will do so directly to the individual’s registered GP, but only with the individual’s consent. In all other cases, it will be the individual’s responsibility to follow up with their relevant GP based on the advice they receive on the day.
Individuals under the Age of 18 – regrettably, the event is only open to individuals who are at least 18 years of age on the day of the event.